This past weekend, we celebrated 5 years of improving lives. Sitting back briefly that day to take everything in, I was reminded that a fitness program was responsible for bringing together so many different people. CrossFit forms the foundation for what we deliver here at CFG – namely, improved health and fitness. But, like I’ve told so many people over the years, CrossFit is made up of a variety of disciplines: weightlifting, gymnastics, cardio, etc.
Over the years, we’ve hosted seminars, camps, and run various specialty courses to allow people to dial in their skills with more focus on a particular set of movements. It’s long been a vision of mine that CFG would be a place where people could have the opportunity to specialize in whatever it is they are passionate about – from ‘pure’ CrossFit, to weightlifting, kettle bell, speed & agility, coaching, gymnastics, cardio, etc.
Well in 2017, we are taking some BIG steps forward to making that vision a reality.
In short, we are going to rock your socks off with what we’ll be bringing to you all this upcoming year. Here is a preview of what we have coming your way in just the first half of 2017:
CrossFit For Glory 2017 Special Event Calendar
- January – Kettlebell Specialty Course, Full-Time Weightlifting, Gymnastics Specialty Course, New Year Nutrition Challenge
- February- Kettlebell Competition at CFG, Jump Rope Specialty Seminar, CF Games Open
- March – CF Games Open
- April – Weightlifting L1 and L2, Gymnastics Specialty Course
- May – Endurance/Cardio Specialty Course
- June – Speed and Agility Course
And because we will be kicking these first two off right at the beginning of the year, I want to provide a bit more detail. So, without further ado, your first two events of the 2017 year:
- Kettlebell Specialty Course with Coach Lucien:
- “Do you want to learn and then compete in an in-house KB competition? Spend 6 weeks with Coach Lucien 2x a week beginning Tuesday, January 3rd (@6:30pm) and learn how to compete in KB Sport. Each training session will have a short warmup and mobility component, KB sport specific work and then a finisher with general physical preparedness, so yes you will still squat, pull something off the ground and push or pull something every class. Each session will last an hour. Class size is limited to 5 and cost is $155 for the full 6-week program. Classes will be held on Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 8am. Click here to sign up!” Folks, I can’t tell you how excited Lucien is for this one…he’s giddy as a schoolgirl!
- Full-Time Weightlifting Program:
- “Our weightlifting team ‘CFG Barbell’ has grown tremendously since we started it a few years ago. We’ve had athletes travel, compete, and win(!) at the local, national, and international level. As the team has continued to grow, I’d always hoped that we could have a full-time component here at the gym. Well, that time is now. Beginning on Monday, January 2nd, we will offer a full-time weightlifting-only program. The idea is simple – we will specialize in the sport and its two component lifts, snatch and clean & jerk, with the idea that people who are in the program have a desire to compete on the platform at some point in time. Classes will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6-7pm. Pricing will be the same as our 3x CrossFit program – $155 per month. If you want to move to this membership beginning in January, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know! *Special Note: this will not take the place of our 6-week specialty programs, rather it will compliment them!
Thats all for now, stay tuned for more details on the other events in the near future! As always, let us know if you have any questions.