This past Monday night, we held our final Coaches meeting of 2015. During the time we spent together, (aka where they all listened to me ramble on and on!), we did a quick recap of the successes of 2015 and I shared the vision I have for CFG in the upcoming year.
Needless to say, I am beyond thrilled at the upcoming year for all of us. I released a preliminary 2016 Planning Calendar to all our coaches…complete with fun challenges, educational opportunities, clinics/seminars, special events, social outings, etc. We have some great things in store – surely something for everyone at some point during the year so stay tuned for further details. However, I would like to briefly go over a few highlights that you all will see/experience starting in January:
- The All-In AdvoCare Challenge: its likely you’ve all received the email by now, but this is our upcoming Nutrition Challenge that will kick off on January 11th. Check your email for more details and ask any questions you may have. We’ve already had more than a dozen people sign up to be part of making positive changes to their nutrition in the New Year!
- The Advanced Theory Course: have you ever wanted to take a peek behind the curtain at the inner workings of CFG and learn at a deeper level? Then this is for YOU curious folks! Topics include, but are not limited to: programming/periodization, exercise physiology and kinesiology, why we O-lift so much, how to program specific accy work, programming f/ specific energy systems, nutrition, psychology, running a class/explaining the why/how, etc. Once a week for six weeks, on Wednesday evenings from 6-7pm, I am going to do a short lecture on a topic. If you’ve ever had an interest in coaching at any level, then I would highly recommend attending these classes. However, this is not geared only towards aspiring (or current) coaches, but rather simply a way for me to give back and pass on knowledge that I’ve obtained from being in this industry for over 13 years. While I would absolutely love for you guys to attend every session, I realize thats not possible, so we will be filming it all and posting it for review later. Classes begin on Wednesday January 14th…and are FREE TO ALL!
- Monthly Fun Challenge: Each month of the year, we will offer up a challenge that is free for anyone to complete. Think of it as just something to do for extra work…for fun! For instance, January’s challenge is: Complete 1000 calories on the rower prior to February 1st! Rules – workouts in class that include calories on the rower do NOT count towards this total. We will have a whiteboard up in the box to help you keep track of your progress.
- Monthly Social Outings: we need to “get out of the box” more and hang out and have fun in other ways that do not include a barbell. I know, I can’t believe that I just said that! Anyhow, January’s outing will be to Skateland of Brandon! Stay tuned for date!!
- The Open: past participants, start recruiting newbies to CFG to participate in the upcoming one. We have a MONSTER announcement coming out very soon about this one. All I can say is this – you simply cannot imagine how much FUN and BIG we are going this year. I can’t wait to release all the details!
Oh, you just came here for Monday’s WOD? Yea, go here.