New month, New Challenge!
In January, it was to row 1000 calories!
In February, it was to do 1000 burpees!
In March, it will be to perform:
********300 minutes of mobility…outside of the gym!********
(this breaks down to just under 10 minutes a day)
There are a TON of resources, but here are a few to get you going:
- You might as well start with some good-ol home grown stuff, like Coach Heather’s Bulletproof Shoulder Routine:
2) We also have two copies of Dr. Kelly Starrett’s “Becoming a Supple Leopard,” as well as a 5-part poster series by the rowers in the back. They are all unbelievable resources.
3) Along with that, visit his website mobilitywod.com – you can type in your problem area and pull up a few videos on how to address it!
- You gotta do this outside of class. Any sort of stretching, rolling, etc done during class, before class, or after class DOES NOT count!
- If you go over your allotted time one day (a beneficial thing no doubt), you can’t donate it to the next day. Just think of it as bonus time for your body!
- Soft tissue work, stretching, yoga, massage therapy – these all count!
The point is to show you that human beings should be able to perform basis maintenance on themselves, and that this maintenance can, and should be, done anywhere, at any time! It is also by design that we are doing this now, right in the thick of Open competition, when you are pushing your body to its max. It will thank you for taking extra care of it. And there is this reason on this post.
Plus, this last challenge ended up playing into the Intramural Team Competition, so you never know…let’s just say, don’t be afraid to be creative with your mobility prescriptions…
With a 30min Running Clock –
20min AMRAP –
Max Reps Unbroken Pull-Ups
10min to establish a 3RM Overhead Squat, bar taken from ground
1) When you drop off the bar, you run.
2) RX+ will do C2B
3) Band assisted are ok, but you may not pick a band that allows you to do more than 5 reps.
4) No, you may NOT set the bar or any weights up ahead of time.
Box + Band Ankle Mobility – 2 x 45s ea side
C. Post-WOD Recovery: